It is true that having a great website helps a lot in promoting one’s business and attracting more customers. A lot of effort, money and time go into making the perfect website for a company. But it is of no use if it is not running properly when online. It is important for one to have a contract with a genuine web hosting company in order to ensure that everything is running smoothly after the website goes online.
There are a lot of issues that can happen to a website even after going online and a proper and well-equipped hosting company is required to handle them. There are lots of things that make it important for one to choose the right hosting company that will contribute to the success of the company in future. Some of them are:-
- Cost: – it is obvious that larger the website will be, higher will be the cost. But still, there are lots of features that come into play while choosing a hosting company. It is not necessary that a costlier one will always be the better one. One needs to decide the hosting according to the services they provide along with the budget.
- Crash: – if one chooses a hosting company which is unable to provide a stable platform due to which the website crashes repeatedly because of large traffic, it can cause a significant loss in revenue as well as in reputation. It is important for the site to run smoothly no matter how large the traffic is and only reputed and well-equipped hosting company is capable of doing that. A capable host will be able to provide a solution immediately so that one can ensure their clients.
- Security: – In today’s digitalized world, lots of sites are attacked by malware, viruses and by hackers as well. The details of the customer usually contain their private information which if accidentally goes in the wrong hand can cause lots of trouble to the customer as well as to the company. Apart from this, there is a lot of data stored on the server side as well. All this needs to be properly kept away from the hackers and other viruses as well.
Apart from keeping all the data secured, a good hosting company will be able to easily patch any new version of the software in minimum time as well, making sure that the site doesn’t stay offline for long.
- Low speed: – all the telecom companies these days are providing superfast internet services to the masses. Even after having top internet speed if the site is not loading, then there is some problem with the site. If one ties up with a low standard hosting company, then maybe because of old and inferior hardware or due to a large no. of clients on a single server, the website may take longer than usual for loading. The user is bound to get bored and will look for other alternatives. So, it is important for tying up with a hosting company who has the latest equipment and doesn’t share a single server with too many clients.
- No backups: – a genuine hosting company will keep multiple records of all the data on the website with one or two offline records as well. Tragedy doesn’t strike with a notice. One can accidentally delete a web page or the server on which the site was sunning gets corrupted and all the files get deleted. The drives in which the data was being stored fails simultaneously as seen in the past or there is a technical array. All these situations can happen with anyone and one must be ready for these circumstances. Having just a single backup of the data doesn’t help anymore. Multiple copies of all the data should be kept and an offsite copy should be there as well. Having multiple copies can help in restoring the website back to normal at a faster rate so that the loss in sales can be kept to a minimum.
- Regular problems: – the user experience is very important for any website. The user’s experience can seriously take a huge damage if there is a small technical glitch which doesn’t allow the user to perform a specific task. A good host company will immediately dedicate a worker on the problem instead of referring it to any public forum or a third party. Building a good relationship with the user is essential for the long run, and it can be only accomplished if both the company and the website host are ready to take the extra step.
- Ranking in search engines results: – people spend a lot of money on hiring professional SEO experts who give them different techniques and suggestions and handle the design of their website and page. But it would be of no use if the site has some technical glitch or crashes repeatedly. Major search engines like Google enforce a penalty on these websites which of course will be reflected back in the search engines ranking.
These are some of the reasons why it is important to choose a right and genuine web hosting company. Having an online presence and then maintaining that presence are two different things altogether and one must be varied of the different problems that a site may face. A genuine host company will make sure that the website doesn’t suffer from any of the problems mentioned above and even if they do, immediate help can be sent so that the damage is kept to a minimum.
There is no point in building a well-designed and informative website if you do not tie up with a good web hosting company. Giving the website in the hands of a company that ties up with 100s of clients and gives all of them the server on an old and inferior design doesn’t make any sense. One should always go for the middle way so that the site is enough informative for the user to understand and is hosted by a genuine and trustworthy hosting company as well.