You, being a regular blogger, will always want your visitors to remain engaged in your site as they have the maximum capability to convert to customers. Every blogger have once in their life experienced frustration of trying to gain visitors’ engagement. Hence you should follow the below mentioned ways to make sure that your blogs have huge impact on your business by attracting and engaging visitors to your site so that you can make a good impression on your clients and customers.
- Clean and Simple Content: Constant uploads of blogs will bring in more readers and make for a happy search engine. You should add some new things to your blog even if you do not post new blogs every day. Write the blog using short and crisp sentences and paragraphs. Each section should not have more than three to four paragraphs. Try to use bullet points as often as possible and break your blog into short, clear and to-the-point sections
- Write More: the more often you write blogs or update them, the more traffic they will receive. Provide fresh content and update your page at least twice a week. This will give you more importance and get you more attention from search engines.
- Invite Comments: Try to engage readers by encouraging them to write comments. This can be done by ending your blog posts with a question for your audience. Make sure to reply to those comments as that will show how much you care about them and what all they have to tell you. Also, try and monitor those comments and do not make them look neglected.
- Provide Good Titles: The title of any article is as important as the content. This is because title will help the readers decide whether they want to read further or not. You should entice your audience with promises and solutions by providing a good title so that your readership and engagement of visitors increase.
- Maintain a Clean Design: Do not try to put a lot of things to your blog like playing music or setting a neon coloured background as that will put the readers off. Go for a simple, easy-to-navigate design that does not have any pop-ups or noises. Keep everything simple and classy.
- Put Photos: It has been observed that photos in a blog post boost readership. This is because photos make a blog post visually appealing boosting search engine optimization for the site. However, refrain from putting photos taken directly from Google. Go for original or royalty-free photos from different trusted sites.
- Promote in Social Media: Share all new blog posts in all your social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. Social media sites may become some of your top sources of traffic if you share good contents and cultivate the network.
- Stick to Single Topics: Your topic can be broad but it should always be related to a theme. If your topic includes car then you should only write about cars, review of new cars, problems phased by certain cars, etc. Do not start writing about something that has no connection with car.
- Get Guest Bloggers: Guest bloggers help in bringing in a new batch of audience who are the fans of the guest bloggers and thereby, increase your blog’s popularity. So reach out to these guest bloggers who write about the topics that are similar to yours and request them to write a guest for you blog. It will be a huge publicity for everyone. You can also call someone who has published a book on the topic that you are covering in your blog post.
- Change the Style: There is no compulsion that you have to write the same style of blogs. You can freely make sure of guest posts, interviews, or even videos or podcasts to boost your visitors’ engagement on your page.
- Use Keywords: One of the easiest and best ways to generate more traffic is to make sure that every page on your blog has a keyword strategy as keywords lead to SEO. Choose one keyword, which the visitors are most likely to search in order to find the post, for each blog post and incorporate that into the headline of the page, title of the post, inside the content of your post and also as a part of your page link. This way Google will understand about the page and more traffic will rise from the search engines.
- Offer Giveaways: Create events like give-away of free e-books to those who will submit a comment or sign up to get your newsletter or share the link in social media.
A great content will always help you to grow your audience and increase your stand as an online blogger. But make sure to take out time in doing these little things so as to increase the engagement of your audience.