Social media and websites should work together effectively for the promotion of your online brand. Social media can be integrated with almost all marketing strategies and it is an effective way to boost the marketing efforts. This will increase the interactions, impressions of your brand and ultimately, sales will go up.
A research reveals the following which speaks in favour of the social media integration:
- Brands with smart social strategies are likely to increase their sales by six times. In order to attract the customers, it is important that you should pop up in their social feeds.
- 74% of the customers’ buying decision relies on the positive interactions they have with the brand on social media.
- Business, that builds a stronger customer relationship, relies on the social media.
A quick guide is given so that your business websites and social media work hand in hand for maximum online exposure:
- Include visible Social media buttons: The social media buttons should be displayed at a prominent position on the home page like at the top, bottom or along the sides. You can also provide links to the social media platforms as the user navigates through your Web page.
In order to make sure that the users don’t exit your Web page, you may want the link or button to open in a new window.
Also, link to only those social platforms which are active and they are in use and don’t unnecessarily link to all possible social media channels.
The possible ways of displaying the buttons or links are highly dependent on the design preferences of the Website.
- Integrate Socials where it makes sense: If you are using the social media to keep your customers updated about your recent happening and are frequently updating them, it is wise to showcase the posts directly on your webpage.
Make sure that you have frequently updated the posts on the social platforms, otherwise, it won’t be of any use and customers won’t be attracted much. It is very important that you maintain your presence on the social media if you choose this way.
- Include Up-to-Date buttons: Social media changes really fast and you should be highly updated about them so that the buttons don’t become obsolete. Do research to find out the most current social media terminology and you can then update your Website accordingly.
In order to maintain credibility with the changing environment, it is important to stay with times. It is also necessary to be tactful with your social media choices and do your research before opting for a newly emerged and unknown social media platform.
- Include Share buttons: It is very important for E-commerce websites to add share buttons to their product pages. The share buttons allow the users to share or recommend a product of their choice. It provides an effective and easy-to-use solution for social media sharing across the websites.
Like E-commerce Websites, if you have articles, blogs or any other content on your Website, You should make it simpler for users to read and also provide an option to share it with others. Social media buttons should be placed at a prominent location of the webpage.
- Use analytics: Use Google Analytics to keep a track on the number of users who are using the social media buttons to link to your social media platforms. If you find the number of users to be less, you should reconsider to properly locate your social media buttons.
- Pay attention to the terms and conditions: There are certain rules and regulations that should be followed while using social media and it shouldn’t violate the existing rules and regulations of the social media platforms.
The way you use the social media reflects on your Website and the brand as a whole. If you have violated some of the terms and conditions in the past, delete them and never link them anywhere.
- Don’t Over-do it: The required information should be easily shareable but the social media buttons shouldn’t litter all over the webpage. Make sure that the added links should be totally relevant to the users and they will be worth sharing.
- Stay Knowledgeable: With the change in social media landscapes and a series of rollouts, one can easily confuse the features and strengths of social media.
If an individual likes/shares any information, content or product that is found on the specific website, you shouldn’t redirect them to the social media platform. There is no direct correlation between liking a specific page and redirecting to like the social media page.
- Use Social Media Analytics: Various software allow you to check your social media insights in order to analyze the trends and have a better understanding about the success/failure of the campaigns. It is useful to establish goals, measure success and identify areas of improvement.
In short, the social strategy of any company should complement their on-site sales and thus an effective on-site integration of various social platforms is needed to increase the sales. However, many companies aren’t exploiting the vast possibility that lies in this marketing strategy.